Who we Are
Kocsis USA® is an industrial technology company built for tomorrow. What began over 50 years ago as a small machine shop in the heartland of America has grown into a global leader in manufacturing, engineering, and maintenance services. Across different markets and industries, we work every day to create a brighter future for our communities, employees, and customers around the world.
What We do
We’re building the future. From steel mill and mineral processing roll refurbishment; to contract machining and assembly; to hydraulic systems, and more, we combine boundless ingenuity and in-depth customer collaborations with our best-in-class workforce to deliver products that are built for tomorrow.
KOCSIS USA® is looking for a highly motivated individual to help be a part of a talented team that not only meets but exceeds customer expectations. As Welding Machine Operator, you will be primarily responsible for applying weld overlay with automatic welding machines to new and refurbished steel mill rolls of various lengths and diameters. You will have frequent opportunities to earn overtime pay. Reporting to the Welding Plant Lead, the Welding Machine Operator is a full-time position, responsible for welding, loading/unloading and ensuring overall quality of product while following safety rules and regulations. You will be required to maintain all equipment to required standards and be responsive to production needs. You work as part of a team but would routinely perform work independently and maintain a high level of accuracy and safety, while performing your duties
· Follow established safety procedures according to OSHA standards and company procedures
· Load/unload steel mill rolls of various lengths/diameters onto machines with overhead craning.
· Accurately measure/record product lengths/diameters using calipers and measuring tape.
· Input weld parameters and follow written work instructions
· Report problems and quality issues to Welding Plant Lead or Plant Manager.
· Maintain, clean and perform routine maintenance to welding equipment.
· Occasionally operate mobile equipment (e.g. forklifts)
· Determine loading requirements to rig equipment and material for lifting
· Read and interpret blueprints, schematics and detailed repair drawings related to welding of product.
· Use common hand/power tools (Grinders, wrenches, pliers, etc.)
· Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment
· Work mandatory overtime as required
· Report to work regularly and on time
· Willingly learn new duties
· Physical ability to lift to 50 pounds
· Candidates should display an exceptional work ethic and either possess or be willing to learn the tasks listed above. Previous job experience requiring a mechanical aptitude, such as steel or automotive mechanic, would be beneficial. Employees hired into this position, who excel at the associated technical skills, will be considered for advancement into operation of more advanced welding equipment/machines.
· Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally always
· Ability to follow directions and communicate effectively with team members
· Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
· East Chicago, IN
· High School Diploma/GED preferred, but not necessary
· 1-5 years manufacturing/welding experience preferred
· Experience operating Oxy/Acetylene torch, changing out shielding gas cylinders
· MIG welding experience
· Blueprint reading
· Experience using measuring tools (Calipers, Micrometers, Measuring Tape, etc.)
Dental and vision insurance
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $17.00 per hour